Travel & Tourism Industry
International travel plays a critical role in the US economy. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, in 2019, international visitors spent $233.5 billion experiencing the United States; injecting nearly $640 million a day into the U.S. economy. The U.S. travel and tourism industry generated $1.9 trillion in economic output; supporting 9.5 million American jobs and accounted for 2.9% of U.S. GDP. At 14.5% of international travel spending globally, international travelers spend more in the United States than any other country.
As recovery efforts continue, the International Trade Administration actively supports the industry via the twin pillars of the National Travel and Tourism Office (NTTO) and the U.S. Commercial Service. Working together, we provide a range of data and related products to support the international outreach and promotion efforts of U.S. destinations and attractions. With over 100 offices throughout the United States and in 75 countries around the world, we are where you are and where you want to be.
What We Do For You:
- Promote U.S. policies that encourage the competitiveness of the U.S. travel industry
- Provide business counseling, match-making and promotional support services to help U.S. destinations and attractions penetrate new markets and increase market share
- Seek to ensure that U.S. regulations and other programs do not adversely impact U.S. industry competitiveness
- Provide information, trade data, and market analysis to the U.S. travel industry, partners and policy makers
- Maintain close relationships with the U.S. travel industry to focus and construct programs that enhance the industry’s competitiveness and overseas profile
Featured Events & Resources
How Can We Help You Attract International Visitors?
Travel and Tourism Market Intelligence
Argentina is increasing travel and tourism to the United States and the projection for 2022 to 2023 is nearing pre-pandemic numbers.
The United States is the number one long-distance destination for Israeli travelers.
The United States remains the #1 long-haul destination for Taiwan’s outbound travelers.